Our Sport Superfuel Drink Mix was created for athletes who push so hard that they can't easily take in enough calories to perform at their best.
For years we've preached fueling with real food like our famous rice cakes or Anytime Energy Bars. Why? Because traditional fueling gels and drinks use carbohydrates that break down too fast to tolerate causing gastrointestinal distress. But we get it - you can't always make or carry real food - you want power in a bottle.
We've discovered the answer in a better carbohydrate (with a funny name) that digests steadily like real food does: Cluster Dextrin™.
One serving of Superfuel gives you 400 calories powered by Cluster Dextrin™ plus the electrolytes lost in sweat to fuel and hydrate your biggest days.
We've tested this product for over 20 months with the world's greatest athletes including Gold Medalist Triathlete Gwen Jorgensen and the EF Education First Pro Cycling team. It has allowed these athletes to drink their fuel on some of the longest and most intense events in the world when they can't eat real food without causing gastrointestinal distress.
Use it when there's no time to chew.
- Concentrated liquid energy - made with Cluster Dextrin an extraordinarily complex carbohydrate that is highly soluble but digests steadily like real food alleviating the risk of GI-distress.
- Flexible fuel - designed for athletes who push so hard that they can't take in enough calories from real food to maintain their performance.
- Faster water absorption less GI-distress - one serving provides 400 kcals at an osmolality of 150 mOsmol/kg significantly lower than blood (280-290 mOsmol/kg) helping to maximize water transport by both osmosis and sodium-glucose co-transport.
- Electrolytes to rehydrate - 400 mg of sodium per serving from sodium citrate to help replace the electrolytes lost in sweat.
- Easy to drink - a drink mix with a viscosity close to water.
- Meets special dietary needs - non-GMO gluten-free dairy-free vegan kosher.
- 8 servings per bag - 840g bag which contains 8 servings.
What you need to know about Cluster Dextrin and why it's so unique:
- It's bigger providing more energy.
A Cluster Dextrin molecule packs in more calories per molecule - or more energy - than other fueling options. A Cluster Dextrin molecule has 60 to 70 glucose (sugar) units linked together. By comparison maltodextrin the most common carbohydrate used in gels and performance drinks contains 3 to 20 glucose units linked together. One serving of Superfuel Sport Drink Mix provides 400 calories enough energy to power your hardest efforts.
- It's more complex in a good way.
Cluster Dextrin also has a unique structure. Its glucose units are linked together like tree branches wrapped into a wreath. Meanwhile maltodextrin is a long straight chain of linked units. When maltodextrin is digested all of the glucose units break apart all at once. This can overwhelm the gut. When Cluster Dextrin is digested its branches take time to unwrap and the glucose units break off gradually. With Superfuel you get a steady release of energy without the risk of gastrointestinal distress. It's like getting the energy of a meal without the heaviness or the runs!
- It's more soluble and drinkable.
Because Cluster Dextrin is amazingly soluble we can get a ton of calories into Superfuel without turning it into sludge. Superfuel dilutes easily in water for a great tasting beverage that you can sip gulp or chug. It's great for when there's no time to chew or for when you just can't stomach a thick sticky gel.